Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 6.7

So if I cancel the hotel portion of my trip in Isla Mujeres before midnight, there's no penalty. Talked to Tom, the guy who owns the place, and my room is available for another 10 days or so. Three nights is just not enough time here, and I'm getting tired of moving around. Gotta chill. That, and I end up saving about $100, plus whatever else on top of that if I keep eating $2 lunches! I'm guessing Isla isn't quite as affordable as Merida.

I found out that Skype allows you to make 1-800 toll-free calls to the states for nothing. Spent about an hour next to the pool screwing around with Skype, pulseaudio and microphone settings, and got it to work running it through alsa as the root user. Sweet.

Picked up my bag of folded laundry from the guy down the road, it was still warm, and it smells good!

Talked to Augustine about extending my stay, to 9 nights vs. 3. He said he'll talk to Tom, he'll usually do something better on the rate for a week or more. Not that $50 is all that bad to begin with. Awesome.

Called up Expedia on Skype; it was a little hard to hear them at times, and the guy was getting some interfearence, but it worked out ok. They refunded my money for the Hotel in Isla with no problem!

Showered up and enjoying the outdoors. It's getting a little cooler and breezy. Could be a storm or just a really comfortable night on the town. Wunderground shows 95 degrees, 44% humidity.

4 comments:

  1. oh, feed me the food you are eating down there. it is rough without a roomie to feed me foods i should be eating. :(

    i miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a real big problem with cold, but you do not want to know the temp/humidity here. +1 for chilling in Merida.

    ReplyDelete