It was time again for the best part of México, la comidas!!! Walked around for about and hour checking out all the little restaurants around el parque de las palapas which is a large park a block away from the hostel. The park was all lit up tonight with all kinds of kids running around in little battery operated cars and trucks.
Settled on a place where I got the "plato mixtos", and again, cervesa is dos para $25. My beer is now less than a US dollar. The place was empty, but the waiter was there literally every two minutes to ensure my glass was full and the ash tray was clean. The food was, of course, amazing. Dinner and drinks ended up at $135 MXN plus tip. Not the cheapest but couldn't complain for the amount.
Walked around a little after dinner to check out the nightlife. Not much going on tonight. Vegged out and tried a Michaldo and a Chelado. The first being a beer with some fancy "salsa" which is similar to worchester sauce, the Cheldo is lime juice you mix with your beer. Both tasty!
Back at the home pad talking with the operators of the joint, both very friendly.
I realized tonight that I would have no problem exploring more and more of Cancún city. For the prices I could see this being a place I could frequent for a weekend.
Looking forward to checking out one of Cancúns ecological parks tomorrow morning. Not sure what Tejones are but I'm supposed to be able to see them there!!
Buenos noches, amigos!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment