Make our way to the beach for a morning walk around 8am. It's mostly cloudy and the water doesn't feel all that warm so neither of us indulge in the water today. Breakfast is a fresh fruit smoothy, coffee and some oatmeal.
Make our way out to el Rey country club to help load up the horses on a trailer for transport to Mérida for their match on Sunday. They haven't done this before, and I can tell since they're quite disorganized on who's doing what, and what's needed. Apparently they need paperwork to transport the horses across state lines which they don't have, although bribes work. Cat washes her horses, and I stroll the around in the tropical forest. The club is about 15km inland from the sea. Almost squashed a tarantula trying to cross the road on the way there.
We meet up with two of the regular polo guys from Saturday, Alex and Melolo. While we're waiting for the Menolo has to run up to a cenote down the road to pay them for a tour which was comming through. I rode with Alex and him to check it out. After winding through the forest on an unpaved road, we came to Centoe Siete Bocas or 'Cenote of 7 mouths.' I don't have swim gear, but Alex shows me around. There are 7 simple holes in the ground, going down about 15-20 feet, and all are connected underwater. I walk down the steep steps in a couple of the openings and look around. This is much more impressive than one cenote I've been to near Tulum. Alex fills me in on some interesting facts, such that some of them are as deep as 500m. In a larger hole, a tour group was jumping down the 15 ft drop into the water, looked like fun.
![]() |
| From México |
Headed back and grabbed lunch at the clubhouse with Catriona while waiting for the trailer. Help out where I can. We leave and I handle a teleconference with work and a customer on the way back. Cat drops me off at the square and I walk the beach back to her home to take care of some work, she's going back out to ride and practice for Sunday's tournament.
![]() |
| From México |


No comments:
Post a Comment