Around 4pm, Cat and her friend make it back to the hotel. They pack up and Cat and I have a cocktail and a quick swim in the pool. The next first class bus back to Cancún leaves at 6:30. Augustine secures us a taxi to the ADO station for 6pm.
They're playing the latest Indian Jones film, only it's overdubbed in Spanish. I think I might have made it a quarter through before falling asleep. We transfer to the Playa del Carmen bus which stops at Puerto Morelos on the way south. This is about a 30 minute ride. They drop us off and grab a taxi into town. Jean was dropped off at another friends place where she was staying, and our ride ended a couple blocks away.
We're quickly welcomed by her German Shepard, Alex, who was eagerly anticipating her return. Her house is a beautiful duplex she designed and had built down here. I guess this is her third house she's built in Puerto. It's very tidy, the front door brings you to a nice living room, ajoined by a bar and then her office; the stairs and kitchen at just past that in there rear of the house, where a glass door opens to a outdoor patio with small pool. The house is is decorated eleglantly with terracotta pottery and planters around.
She lights some candles and we sit at the bar for a drink. We make our way into town to find the Friday night hot-spot.
This little bar is just slightly larger than the size of my kitchen, yet there's about 30 plus people here tonight. There's a foosball table in the street near the entrance which is quite popular. I order a couple of drinks for us, and I'm introduced to several of her neighbours and other friends around town. About a third or more of the people here do not appear to be native to México. The DJ is playing an invigorating mix of trance and house music. We and others are dancing.
Perfection.
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment