Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 10

Walked around and found an ATM for Cat. This city seems busy all day, every day. Got a bite to eat, Cat got her nails done, I walked around in the park for a while. We ran around a bit to grab some souvenirs for Cat's friends.

Checked out of my room at the hotel and got some work done for a couple of hours. We hit up Alamadres for some lunch around 2. This place was recommended by our hotel as fairly authentic Yucatecan food. Dining room is nice but not elaborate. Food was good, not too expensive. Service absolutely sucked. Waiter came off as quite rude, insisted on using his poor English even though I've ordered here in Spanish for the last 10 days. Took about 10 minutes to get another water, when that came I ordered the check. Another 10 minutes later I had to request it again. Waiter had the nerve to write in the tip for himself. Didn't pay it.

Cat takes off to meet Jean and the doctor at 3:15. Apparently there are some issues they're working through, and she may not be able to leave today, we'll see.

Walked back to the hotel in the rain to wait for Cat and possibly Jean.

Thoroughly enjoying Catriona and our time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment