Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 2

Most of the party animals stumbled in around 4am ish this morning, but they were much less noisy than last night. Took my time getting up and took another worthless shower. Apparently they lost Danny last night, and never showed up in the morning. Apparently I heard that a few of them were whooping it up with pitcher of beer in one hand and a bottle of cheap vodka in the other. Gotta love all you can drink! Apparently one of the suveniers you can get is a bottle of Corona with your group's picture printed on it. Cute. From what it sounds like it's a little busier here than when my sister and I came down during the swine-flu scare in May. Perhaps there will be people in the clubs this time.

Had breakfast with the cute Canadian and her mother at the hostel, she asked about different places to go and helped her out the best I could. Breakfast was fresh mango and cantaloupe w/ yoghurt sprinkled with granola and scrambled eggs w/ veggies and sausage (sliced hot dog).

Went to the Banamex bank to try and exchange money for the best rate around (13.25), but apparently they don't want American's money anymore. Settled for 13.00 and went shopping in the market for contact solution and Clite (Crystal Light) powder mix.

Picked up the public bus out to the hotel zone which was fun. I've only been on a public bus a couple of times, but I think I'm beginning to figure it out. I'll leave out the humiliating part where I missed the last step getting off and nearly splattered on the road... oh wait... darn.

Got to Ambiance Villas about 3 hours before check-in, and am thankful that their free WiFi reaches the bar on the beach with a great signal strength.
Fidal remembers me from May, and asks where my sister is. He remembers her name. Nice.

Still waiting for ma and sis..

1 comment:

  1. Wow, they are totally feeding you my dream breakfast.

    I love hotdogs, man. I cant not.

    When are they supposed to get in ?? Do they know yet?
    "Lordie", you guys are going to have fun.

    ReplyDelete