Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day 1.9

Ok, so to finish off last night quickly, met a cute Canadian and her mother travelling México for a week or so. The other's tried to coherse them to party tonight, I offered help around México.

Danny, the miserable American, birthday is today. Our host bought him a small cake and a bunch of balloons were setup on the roof. I'm pretty sure most blew off before he got there, but it was sweet none the less. If anyone tells you it's "tradition" to "bite the cake" then...... nah, just do it. :)

I decided I had to eat the dirty food from the little food court at the park near the Hostel. Found a Yucatecan place with some sorta fried tortilla things that were REALLY good called 'panuchos'. I could eat here every day..

The rest of the boys and one other 'ozzy' girl were sucked into one of the clubs one of the hosts helps promote to score some girls or something. It was $30 USD down from $45, all you can drink, but I´m pretty sure he's still getting a kickback from that. Everyone chipped in $5 to get Danny in for his birthday. I declined to go seeing as I didn't want to drink cheap beer and booze until 4:30am, but I chipped in for Danny anyways.


Spent the rest of the night talking with a different host who was responsible for watching the door overnight. Apparently his day job is a cook at that Labna restaurant I mentioned in the first post. Apparently they have that goofy honey flower liquor, but they also mix it with stuff into different drinks, one pronounced 'esh-tai-bay' which has some ledgend around it where some lady kills you. Sounds tasty. They also apparently have a great all-u-can-eat Yucatecan buffet for $10, but I think I'll pass if I'm going to be in Mérida, the capital of the state of Yucatan, Sunday through Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment